I love my kids to the moon and back but I screw up a lot!!! Sometimes it’s just little things and sometimes it’s stuff that might land them in therapy. Clearly I should win Mother of the Year, don’t ya think? If you do these 30 things, you too might win this prestigious award.
You might win mother of the year if..
1. Your 2-year-old poops a Lego and it doesn’t faze you.
2. You consider a corn dog a vegetable and a protein
3. Your child drops something edible on the floor and the five second rule extends to 10 minutes.
4. You let your kids play outside in their PJ’s because it means less laundry.
5. You give your child a bath with baby wipes because you don’t have the energy for the real thing.
6. You consider Wii Dance a form of exercise.
7. You let the older kids read to the younger ones…daily!
8. Your daughter uses shot glasses for a tea party with her dolls
9. Your kids remind you to record Family Guy
10. Your kids whining makes you wine
11. You suggest that your kids return a sibling punch rather than give a time-out
12. Only half of your kids are baptized
13. You told your child that cherry tomatoes are red grapes to get a vegetable down
14. You threaten that “Santa Claus is watching” and it’s April
15. You smell an old sippy cup in the car before you see it
16. Your daughter reminds you that the baby is sleeping in her car seat on the kitchen table, just as you pull out of the neighborhood.
17. Your 2-year-old sees a Cheerio and calls it a “wittle doughnut”
18. You tell your kids that the park is closed today so you don’t have to go
19. You have moved the clocks ahead to speed up bedtime
20. You use scare tactics and bribery to get your children to behave
21. You avoid eating dinner at Chuck E Cheese by telling the kids it’s adult only night.
22. Your baby colors her whole arm with a blue marker and you never saw her do it
23. You purposely skip pages when reading a book
24. You take batteries out of annoying toys and claim they’re broken
25. You tell your daughter that the tooth fairy didn’t come because she didn’t do a good job brushing her teeth
26. You tell your kids that your dinner is very spicy so they won’t ask you for a bite
27. Your kids think that all car DVD players have no sound
28. You spell a cuss word and then forget your kid can read. Oops!
29. You tell your kids that Play-Doh went out of business
30. Your kids think it’s normal to use a portable car potty
Do you have a good Mother of the Year moment? Leave your answer in the comment section today. The funniest one gets a free signed copy of Go Unleashed. I hate feeling like I’m the only screw up. Misery loves company. Holla!